[Kde-pim] KMobileTools

Marco Gulino marco at kmobiletools.org
Thu May 24 17:17:46 BST 2007

Il Thursday 24 May 2007 17:57:02 Cornelius Schumacher ha scritto:
> Which ones are there and which ones are planned?
I'd say everything, except writing to the phone calendar.
Also the p2k kioslave is not working, but it's due to the share library
(p2kmoto) which is not maintained.
Anyway, kmobiletools is splitted in core app/engine, so what does work and
what does not depends on the engine you want to use (currently at engine and
gammu, which is not yet fully working)

> What does exporting in KAddressBook mean?
KMobiletools can export a VCF file, and add it as a resource in KAddressBook.
Also it can save each entry (or a group of selected entries) to
KABC::StdAddressBook

> It makes a lot of sense to let KitchenSync (i.e. OpenSync) do the syncing
> part. I'm still wondering how this works together with KMobileTools,
> though. Does "no real sync" mean "no sync" or "a sync which only works in
> some cases"? KMobileTools doesn't use OpenSync or KitchenSync yet, right?
"No real sync" means "i can grab contacts from the phone, and i can save
contacts TO the phone too, but there's no control about duplicated entries".
KMobiletools doesn't use opensync nor kitchensync, but we'd like to make a
separated engine for that

--
KMobileTools - Open Source meets Mobile Phones.
http://www.kmobiletools.org