[Kde-pim] KMobileTools

Marco Gulino marco at kmobiletools.org
Sun May 27 15:38:33 BST 2007

Il Sunday 27 May 2007 14:16:16 Markus Feilner ha scritto:
> I would like to add that the extent of the features "working" depend also
> on the phone you are using. With a Nokia 6230i for example, I can save my
> address book and sms list to disk, but I cannot save the addressbook to the
> mobile phone, nor can I delete SMS on the phone. Sometimes I can send SMS,
> sometimes not... :-) Also with my old siemens me45 some years ago many
> features already worked.

Of course, different phones have different protocol implementation, and
unluckly it seems that the situation is very confused.

> The Nokia works (partly) with kmobiletools 0.4.3.3 on Suse 10.2 [.0, .1]
> and Ubuntu [6,7], both with bluetooth. However, saving SMS and the
> addressbook is enough for me at the moment.
> [BTW, GPRS-Bluetooth Online Services are working too, but that's not
> kmobiletools' job.] I tried several nokia phones with a parallel or USB
> cable, without success. Bluetooth seems better choice, unless you're
> running Kubuntu 6.x which seemed to lack some GNOME bluetooth
> authentication libraries standard Ubuntu had.
>
> I am looking forward to the stable 0.5!
Good news: the last months i had another developer helping, who almost
finished gammu engine for the 0.5 version.
I'm going to release a 0.5 beta3 version soon (few days), with this i'll
feature-freeze the 0.5 branch, 0.5 final will be released as a bugfix-only
version of the beta3 (so hopefully it won't take more than a few weeks).
You may want to try the gammu engine then, it should work nice with nokia
phones.

> A very happy Thanks to all the developers!

Thank you for testing! :)
Back in topic, any other thoughts/comments/objections?

--
KMobileTools - Open Source meets Mobile Phones.
http://www.kmobiletools.org