[Kde-pim] collectionStatusChanged throttling (was K3Process should be replaced by QProcess)

Sam Bishop sam at bishop.dhs.org
Tue May 22 16:14:24 BST 2007

Volker Krause wrote:
> akonadi/libakonadi:
> Add throttling to the collectionStatusChanged() signal in Akonadi::Monitor,
> ie. instead of emitting this signal directly, keep a list, remove duplicates
> and use a timer to emit the signals every few msecs. This will improve
> performance quite a lot when adding many items to a collection at once, since
> now for every new item the total and unread mail count is retrieved. With
> throttling the signal emission it will ideally just be a single time.

I'll claim this one.  Volker, I have an additional optimization idea.
If fetchCollectionStatus is false, an empty CollectionStatus object is
created and passed as the second argument.  Would it make sense to have
a class-static, dummy CollectionStatus object made just for that
purpose?  I'll make that change too, if you'd like.

Thanks,
Sam