[Kde-pim] Sending invitations to Outlook users

Jan-Pascal van Best janpascal at vanbest.org
Tue May 1 20:50:56 BST 2007

> Hi,
>
> I can only say that the patch is necessary when you have to communicate with
> an MS Exchange 200x server. IMHO It does not help when you want to
> communicate  with a plain OL without Exchange server and still have problems
> that invitations are only seen as attachment (in OL)
>
>> Was there a commit?
>>
> I don't think so.  Jan-Pascals code works here perfect but a config option and
> a GUI for configuration is missing. As long as such a config option is
> documented the latter is not that important ;-)

We had an ambitious plan for checking all possible client-server
combinations, but that turned out to be way too much work. I second
Thorsten that all that is needed is a config option, and maybe a GUI.
For all people that need to exchange invitations and such with others in
Microsoft-land, it would be very useful!

I'm not sure if I can find enough round tuits to delve into KDE config
management for this patch, but I will if I can :-)

Jan-Pascal