[Kde-pim] Sending invitations to Outlook users

Thorsten Staerk thorsten at staerk.de
Sat May 5 17:59:19 BST 2007

On Saturday 05 May 2007 15:49:47 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Saturday 05 May 2007 9:17:11 am Jan-Pascal van Best wrote:
> > Thorsten Staerk wrote:
> > > I tested kdepim 3.5 from today. Accepting Outlook invitations works,
> > > the dates are entered into my korganizer calendar. Sending invitations
> > > from my korganizer calendar works as well. As most of the mail history
> > > has been deleted: Is there a bug that describes exactly what we want to
> > > do here ?
> >
> > 1. sending invitation from Kontact to Outlook+Exchange, accepting in
> > Outlook, seeing meeting in Outlook calendar and "invitation accepted"
> > in Kontact
> >
> > 2. sending invitation from Outlook+Exchange to Kontact, accepting in
> > Kontact, seeing "invitation accepted" in Outlook, and meeting in
> > calendar in Kontact
> >
> > 3. changing meeting details (date/time, title, location) in Kontact for
> > a meeting that has been initiated in Kontact and accepted by the Outlook
> > user. The Outlook use should then get the changed details in his or her
> > calendar.
>
> Are we testing with the patch I committed last night into the 3.5 branch?

yes
> Is it working as expected?
For the usecase "receiving invitations with kmail" it is, with two exceptions:
- people @ work tend not to have time to fiddle around with program options. I
pledge for setting "Exchange Compatibility Invitations" as default. Without
it, kmail is nearly useless for me.
- when replying with kmail to an invitation, the subject should be - as it is
done normally - changed to "The sender accepts the meeting invitations"
or "The sender has declined".

> Did you try the new "Exchange Compatibility Invitations" option in the
> Misc->Groupware configuration?
yes