[Kde-pim] Akonadi datamodel questions

Rick cms0009 at gmail.com
Sun May 27 00:25:06 BST 2007

On Friday 25 May 2007 1:22:48 pm Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > > I suppose they create index files for all the different fields in order
> > > to speed everything up.

Yes, I would agree, coming from a sql background,
since kde is going to have a unified database backend,
it should be something in sql, that can handle allot of connection,
and queries without slowing down (server backend) that ties in all kde
application that share the same api with the sql server.

yesterday standard of a database, is much different today,
back then, it was text documents....

now its video, audio, pdf, xls,
html docs, emails, text, photo, faxes, meta-data and tags ....etc..etc

This database server, needs to handle all media formats, and fields types,
and have all fields index, and ready to serve to any app, that call on it.

don't forget, about automatic maintenance, rebuilding index's,  report
queries.. don't forget, about Apache using this database server either.
no more mysql...

having it server up webpages, dynamically would be nice thing to...
this would open allot more doors for kde.

Regards-
Richard