[Kde-pim] Google SoC Informal Proposal: LDAP server.

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Mar 18 10:49:03 GMT 2007

On Sunday 18 March 2007 05:25, Christopher Granade wrote:
> Continuing with the informal proposals seen here, I was wondering if anyone
> would be interested in mentoring a project to write an LDAP server for
> Akonadi that would let e-mail clients with LDAP support access a personal
> address book remotely. I would think that this would be useful, as it would
> allow someone with a desktop and one or more personal laptops to keep their
> personal contacts synched between them, without needing to set up a formal
> groupware server.

I don't quite understand this idea. Do you want to write a LDAP plugin for
Akonadi, so that Akonadi-enabled clients can access address books on a LDAP
server? Or do you want to write an LDAP-like local server which uses Akonadi
to store its data, so that non-Akonadi-enabled clients can access Akonadi?