[Kde-pim] Google SoC Informal Proposal: LDAP server.

Christopher Granade cgranade at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 04:25:55 GMT 2007

Continuing with the informal proposals seen here, I was wondering if anyone
would be interested in mentoring a project to write an LDAP server for
Akonadi that would let e-mail clients with LDAP support access a personal
address book remotely. I would think that this would be useful, as it would
allow someone with a desktop and one or more personal laptops to keep their
personal contacts synched between them, without needing to set up a formal
groupware server.

If anyone likes this idea, please let me know so that I can include it in my
forthcoming GSoC application. Thanks for the help!

Sincerely,
Christopher Granade