[Kde-pim] korganizer doesn't save resources immediately when changed or deleted (bug 143511)

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Wed Mar 28 13:28:17 BST 2007

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> To my understanding after talking with Reinhold yesterday, it's not the disk
> activity that is expensive, it's the reparsing that happens inside libkcal as
> the library has to compute durations, offsets, recurrences, etc.  I still
> maintain, though, that this is preferred over data loss and saving on UD
> would be consistent with saving on C.

Another option perhaps is a dcop signal to indicate that something else is going to want an accurate
snapshot of the calendar to cause korganiser to properly save and clean up?

Sync software can send a "Excuse me, I'd like to sync with the resource can you ensure it's all
clean and up to date please"..

Brad (Not enough sleep and no caffeine)