[Kde-pim] trivial kmail patch

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Mar 31 20:54:14 BST 2007

On Saturday 31 March 2007 00:43, sam at bishop.dhs.org wrote:
> All,
>
> [First of all, I apologize if this is the wrong list.  I first
> considered posting this to kmail-devel, but I didn't see anything in
> the archives generated by a standard MUA.]

kmail-devel used to be the development list for KMail when KMail
development was still very active. Nowadays we mostly use kde-pim.

> I use KMail on a daily basis, and I'd like to help improve it.  So to
> that end, I downloaded the source last night and started poking
> around.

Yeah, that's the spirit. Welcome aboard! If you have any questions don't
hesitate to ask.

> And as a way of introducing myself, I thought I'd start out
> with a dead-simple patch--two changes to the PopAccount class.  One
> fixes a confusing lack-of-indentation problem

That was indeed confusing and made me wonder whether really only the
first connect should be enclosed in the if-statement. After checking I
found out that the if-statement can (and should) in fact be removed.
The if-statement was added 6 years ago [1] because back then KIO::del
was used. Nowadays we only use KIO::get and thus the connect can always
be made. In fact the if-statement is always true in the current code
because stage is never equal to Dele when connectJob() is called.

So, your change is okay, but removing the line
  if (stage != Dele)
is even better. I've just done so.

> and the other changes
> an int to an enum, reflecting what that variable always holds.

This change is okay and I have committed it.

> This patch is against the latest 3.5.* code in the repository, but
> the same changes could also be made in trunk.
>
> (The whole point of this is to learn the proper patch-submission
> protocol, so let me know if I've done something wrong.)

So far you did everything correct. In case of less trivial patches you
should make sure that your changes adhere to our coding
guidelines/style [2].

I suggest to have a look at http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute and in
particular at http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_SVN_Account if
you do not already have an SVN account.