[Kde-pim] Bug 128435 - patch and request for comment

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Mar 6 23:58:08 GMT 2007

Hi Dima,

[[ an aside to start with, since i've never seen a .by address before: is that
byelorus? ]]

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 20:59, Dima Kagan wrote:
> As a first contribution to KDE, I decided to nail down a bug that has
> been bothering me the most.

That's the best way to get involved. Welcome! Sorry for the long delay; the
KDE PIM subproject is plagued by manpower problems these days. Do stop by
#kontact on irc.kde.org some time, that's a good way to learn who is who and
why. Or attend aKademy, if you intend to be around KDE for some time. It's in
Glasgow in June.

> Now, for details. The original code seems to ignore entirely the
> workdays settings in the configuration and instead implements a logic,
> assuming Monday is first workday and workweek is always 5 days. Both
> aren't always true, of course.

I vaguely remember Bram Schoenmakers discussing that as well. You might want
to search the archives of this list.

> My patch solves these problems. The workday settings are read from the
> configuration and the code works correctly with any day as week start
> day in Regional Settings and any given selection of workdays in
> Korganizer's configuration.

I have applied your patch to the PIM+ branch of KDE PIM, which you can fetch
from svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/kdepim-3.5.5+ ; this is
where fresh development happens and we can treat your fix as a feature (even
if it fixes a bug) and experiment with it a bit. This will get merged into
KDE 3.5 and be released as 3.5.7 if we like it.

Your additional work on korganizer is welcome in the branch; please do
continue to send patches to this list, even if sometimes we're a bit quiet in
response.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/