[Kde-pim] KDE PIM and 4.0

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Wed Mar 14 23:04:48 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 16:42, Matt Williams wrote:

> I would be interested in helping out with development. In a few weeks time
> I should have plenty of time to get PIM into shape for KDE4.

That sounds great.

> Is there any
> application in particular which requires attention?

I suppose it's especially the big ones which need attention, KMail,
KOrganizer, Kontact,...

> I already have a full KDE4 development environment set up but a point in
> the direction of where help is needed would be appreciated.

At the moment you quickly can see problems just by starting apps and playing
around a bit. You will run into bugs, not yet fully ported functionality,
etc. So from my point of view a good way to get into development would be to
start with trying to fix the bugs you see while testing the apps. This will
make you familiar with the code and so you will notice deeper problems which
require some refactoring etc.

> The PIM applications are some of the most useful and necessary on the
> desktop and it would be a shame to see them fall by the wayside.

I think we all wholeheartedly agree with that :-)