[Kde-pim] Building against snapshots?

mark at easymailings.com mark at easymailings.com
Fri Mar 23 22:36:06 GMT 2007

I'm going to go ahead and try to build a proof-of-concept nx server for
hacking on pim.  I figure once its built an configured some company
(or maybe the e.V.) will pony up for a real box.  All this dialog is
pulling me back into pim ... :)

This box is extremely low-powered--200MHz CPU and 512M ram.  Good
disk tho, so if it works I can just move the disk to a better
machine.

It's not connected to the net, so I was planning to build base and libs
from 3.80.3 and then let users checkout and build libpim and pim in their
user directory and be clever about pathing so each user runs runs the pim
executables they built.

So I have two questions for the more active dev's here:

(1) Is it worth building from 3.80.3 or should I be patient and get this
box on the net first?  Compilation is going to take so long, I'm want
to get this rolling ASAP.

(2) Can anybody point me to a qt-copy.tar.bz2 archive?  ftp.kde.org
has a symbolic link that points to a non-existent file.  (BTW, the
emailI sent to sysadmin@ just bounced back with a delay DSN, what's up
with that?  If there are any KDE sysadmins here, please fix the FTP
directory.)

Thanks,