[Kde-pim] New RecipientsPicker in kmail (KDE4)

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Mon Mar 12 00:11:42 GMT 2007

On Sunday 11 March 2007 23:47, Mathias Soeken wrote:

> On Sunday 11 March 2007 22:56:44 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > Thanks for the nice screenshots. I would also be interested in the code.
> > Could you send your post your patch as well?
>
> Yes. I have attached the code. It contains all source files and the three
> svg files for the to, cc, bcc buttons. Is there a place in repository where
> to place such things? Or is this not necessary?

Ah, it's a standalone proof-of-concept. I thought it would be a patch against
KMail in trunk.

I suppose you could put the code into trunk/playground/pim/ if you want. That
would make it easier for others to play around with it.

> > I have two questions: Why did you move the "Add to/cc/bcc" actions to the
> > toolbar? What are the semantics, do they close the dialog when they are
> > selected?
>
> They don't close the dialog. They set the flag in the first column. Only
> "ok" and "cancel" close the dialog.

Ok, I understand. What's the motivation for moving the actions to the toolbar?
That makes it less convenient to just pick some recipients.

> > Did you also contact the usability group as Ingo suggested? The dialog
> > was created in collaboration with them, so they might have some comments
> > on the suggested changes.
>
> No, but I will do this.

Great.