[Kde-pim] [Patch]KMail crashes in the configure filters dialog (trunk)

Thomas McGuire Thomas.McGuire at gmx.net
Fri Mar 30 19:47:37 BST 2007

Hi,

Am Friday 30 March 2007 schrieb Frank Osterfeld:
> > This patch fixes that by using a pointer again.
>
> -    Resource *resource( const QString& type, const KConfigGroup &group =
> KConfigGroup(0,0) );
> +    Resource *resource( const QString& type, const KConfigGroup *group = 0
> );
>
> I would rather omit the default value and add a second method:
>
> -    Resource *resource( const QString& type, const KConfigGroup &group =
> KConfigGroup(0,0) );
> +    Resource *resource( const QString& type, const KConfigGroup &group);
> +    Resource *resource( const QString& type);
>
> That avoids the unnecessary pointer.
Yes, but then you need two resource() methods, which means code duplication.
But if you prefer that, I'll change that, just tell me.

> > Because there are changes in KPluginFactoryBase, knotes needs to be
> > adjusted as well. That patch is also attached.
>
> So whole KDE-PIM compiles with the changes, especially the ones in
> resource.h?
Yes, kdepimlibs and kdepim compiles (as long as you don't add the asserts to
KConfigGroup in kdelibs).

> > I also tried adding asserts to KConfigGroup to detect further errors of
> > this kind, however this breaks the build of kdepim, because kode is used
> > in the build process and triggers that assert. My guess is that this is
> > an error in kode.
> > Because the build breaks, the kdelibs part should probably not (yet?) be
> > commited.
> >
> > Please review the patch and commit. I don't have a SVN account.
>
> Can someone of the resource framework's main developers gives his comments
> and OK?
Maybe a kode developer (Andre Duffeck?) also should check why the asserts
would break the kdepim build.

Regards,
Thomas