[Kde-pim] korganizer doesn't save resources immediately when changed or deleted (bug 143511)

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Wed Mar 28 16:36:20 BST 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 14:41, mark at easymailings.com wrote:

>> That's the least of it.

There are loops in the recurrence code which in many cases are executed
thousands of times, which seems unlikely to be negligible if there are
lots of incidences. I don't know if anybody has ever done any actual
performance tests.

> Has your optimization experience been so different than mine?
>

> In my experience integer calculations on in-memory data are _extremely_
> fast, and its things like new/delete, calloc/free inside loops that slow
> things down.

If performance becomes a problem, that's something that would be worth
investigating.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.