[Kde-pim] KDE4 Release News

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Mar 8 00:33:44 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 6:36:42 pm Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 March 2007 23:54, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Yes, even if KMail and KOrganizer (to name a couple of our apps) have
> > no active maintainer and are lightyears away from being
> > release-ready.
>
> I'll take this as a slight nudge to get more active again.

That would be nice, Ingo.

But it really wasn't my intention to make anyone feel bad or guilty.
I was simply stating that if some pim apps aren't ready for the 4.0
release... then they aren't ready.  And the distros will need to
make kdepim 3.5.x available to run under a KDE 4.0 desktop.

Certainly the distros will need to have kdelibs3 and kdelibs4
simultaneously available for quite awhile until all 3rd party
apps are ported.

BTW: msoeken tells me that KMail 4.0 really isn't that bad.
KOrganizer 4.0 on the other hand...

-Allen