[Kde-pim] SoC project: KOrganizer theming improvements

Loïc Corbasson loic.corbasson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 04:28:55 BST 2007

Am samedi 26 mai 2007 schrieb Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper:
> On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Tuesday 22 May 2007 11:59:36 pm Loïc Corbasson wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > I'm Loïc Corbasson, one of this year's Summer of Code students,
> > > and I'm working on KOrganizer's theming interfaces; Cornelius
> > > Schumacher mentors me. Some of you already know me a little --
> > > I'm tricasse on IRC.
> >
> > Nice to meet you. I'm winterz on IRC in #kontact.
> > Hope to see you there soon.
>
> I am glad to meet you too, Loïc.  =:)  I'm _very_ excited to see you
> helping to improve KOrganizer!!  I'm vanRijn on irc.  I'll look for
> you.  =:)

I'll do too :)

> [snip]
>
> > > [1]
> > > http://blog.loic.corbasson.fr/post/2007/05/01/What-is-a-paper-bas
> > >ed-calen dar [2]
> > > http://blog.loic.corbasson.fr/post/2007/05/01/Some-first-mockups-
> > >and-vari ous-ideas
> >
> > 1. Your blogs are very well written, and very professional.
> > Much appreciated.
>
> I very much agree.  Very nicely done.  In addition to the ideas you
> mentioned, which I think are all very good, the one view that I've
> seen many office-types use that korganizer does not have an answer
> for is the the week view like the one evolution has:
>
> http://rodrigo.gnome-db.org/shots/evolution-multiple-week-view.png
>
> I wonder if it's possible to approach the templates/themes that
> you're going to be looking at doing so that that kind of layout would
> be possible?

No, I'll be working on a theming interface for the existing views, which
will not modify much of the layout (adding things here and there,
that's all).
There is a user base for this kind of view (former Evolution and Lotus
Notes users at least), and implementing this kind of view could be
interesting and challenging, so... maybe after SoC? Ask again in
September :)

Loïc