[Kde-pim] License change.

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Sun Jun 24 15:54:28 BST 2007

On Sunday 24 June 2007 15:33, Rudolf Germer wrote:
> Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 01:39:22PM +0200, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> > > What is the deal with relicensing the stuff under LGPL anyway?
> > > They are libs, and they were always meant to be.

[snip]

Please, folks, this is not the place to have this discussion. The parties
involved have very informed opinions as to why they want their libraries to
be GPL, or LGPL. I doubt very much that they will be convinced otherwise by
re-hashing the same arguments both sides have exchanged countless times
already, here and elsewhere. The pragmatic options are on the table, Tom has
kindly summarised them for us. I prefer option 3 as well, since it is clearer
for users of our libraries, especially potential proprietary ones, even if it
means a bit more work. As was pointed out before, the primary target audience
for these libraries is ourselves, and others in KDE, which means folks who
will have no problem with them being GPL.

Cheers,

Till