[Kde-pim] KDE & Blogging

Richard techno_plume-coding at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 2 08:55:05 BST 2007

--- Mike Arthur <mike at mi...> wrote:
> On Thursday 29 March 2007 02:29:16
> wrote:
> > The good thing about standards... is there are so many to choose
> from.
> > Blogging is no exception. APIs: Blogger 1.0, Blogger 2.0,
> LiveJournal
> > Flat, LiveJournal XML-RPC (LiveJournal also supports Blogger/Atom
> APIs
> > for some features), MovableType API, MetaWeblog, b2API, Atom 1.0.
> Right
> > now KDE has support for the two APIs mentioned earlier.

> Hey Richard,

<snip>
> Thanks!
> Cheers,
> Mike Arthur

Howdy Mike,

I've not had access to a computer for a bit, so just able to reply to
you now.

> Do you mind if I start cannibalising KLuJe to get it part of the
KBlog
> API in kdepimlibs?
Uhh wasn't that already a part of your - accepted - gsoc proposal?

> Which LJ API are you using?
It uses the Flat API. (The LiveJ. Flat and XML-RPC ones are pretty much
feature-identical anyway).

> What is the license for KLuJe (I assume GPL/LGPL).
It is licensed under the GPL.

Feel free to poke me off-list w/any followup questions!

Take care,

Richard.