[Kde-pim] KDE & Blogging

Christian Weilbach christian_weilbach at web.de
Sun Jun 10 14:05:01 BST 2007

Am Samstag 02 Juni 2007 schrieb Richard:
> --- Mike Arthur <mike at mi...> wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 March 2007 02:29:16
> >
> > wrote:
> > > The good thing about standards... is there are so many to choose
> >
> > from.
And the bad thing is, that none of the API's tries to be feature complete. As
far as I know MetaWeblog is the most feature complete at the moment, although
it lacks secure authentication. Many implementations may be great in open
source, but as many of the APIs come from a commercial background, they try
to hide some aspect of the functionality, because they still wan't you to
visit their Website. This is just my 1 cent ;-).
By the way, do you know where MovableType is still in use without MetaWeblog
support? For me it seems as obsolete as Blogger 1.0.

> > > Blogging is no exception. APIs: Blogger 1.0, Blogger 2.0,
> >
> > LiveJournal
> >
> > > Flat, LiveJournal XML-RPC (LiveJournal also supports Blogger/Atom
> >
> > APIs
> >
> > > for some features), MovableType API, MetaWeblog, b2API, Atom 1.0.
> >
> > Right
> >
> > > now KDE has support for the two APIs mentioned earlier.
> >
> > Hey Richard,
>
> <snip>
>
> > Thanks!
> > Cheers,
> > Mike Arthur
>
> Howdy Mike,
>
> I've not had access to a computer for a bit, so just able to reply to
> you now.
>
> > Do you mind if I start cannibalising KLuJe to get it part of the
>
> KBlog
>
> > API in kdepimlibs?
>
> Uhh wasn't that already a part of your - accepted - gsoc proposal?
>
> > Which LJ API are you using?
>
> It uses the Flat API. (The LiveJ. Flat and XML-RPC ones are pretty much
> feature-identical anyway).
>
> > What is the license for KLuJe (I assume GPL/LGPL).
>
> It is licensed under the GPL.
>
> Feel free to poke me off-list w/any followup questions!
>
> Take care,
>
> Richard.

Christian