[Kde-pim] Support for Scalix groupware

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Jul 28 20:10:43 BST 2007

On Saturday 28 July 2007 15:18, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> during the last months I worked with help from Trolltech on support
> for the Scalix groupware server (http://www.scalix.com).
>
> The Scalix groupware is similiar to Kolab, so it stores all contacts,
> events and notes as email attachments on an IMAP server. However they
> don't use Cyrus IMAP server with all the nice features like
> annotations but use their own implementation instead.
>
> Since the concept is similiar to Kolab I implemented the support on
> top of the existing IMAP groupware solution, namely KMail accessed
> via DCOP.
>
> Like already mentioned Scalix handles some features differently than
> Kolab, so I had to add some hacks [tm] to get it working.
>
> The following KDE-PIM components are affected:
>
>   - kio_imap4 [smaller changes]
>   - KMail [bigger changes]
>   - KOrganizer [smaller changes]
>   - kresources/wizards [new code and some smaller changes]
>
> I'll send some additional mails in a minute with the patches attached
> and an explaination of the changes.
>
> For the maintainers of the affected components: Please check the
> patches and tell me whether it is ok to commit them to the KDE 3.5
> branch.

I'm sorry, but I cannot give my approval for patches clearly violating
the deep-freeze of the KDE 3.5 branch.

Quoting Allen's message from 2007-06-01:
> To quote coolo:
> "No more features, no more string changes, no more docu changes....
> Bug fixes are allowed and after some time we'll do another maintenance
> update 3.5.8 - e.g. in september."

Obviously, your changes do not comply to this. I suggest to create a
different branch similar to the enterprise branch. Maybe you can even
put your stuff in the enterprise branch. Talk to Till or Volker or
whoever maintains the enterprise branch.

Regards,
Ingo