[Kde-pim] Support for Scalix groupware

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Sat Jul 28 14:18:30 BST 2007

Hi,

during the last months I worked with help from Trolltech on support for the
Scalix groupware server (http://www.scalix.com).

The Scalix groupware is similiar to Kolab, so it stores all contacts,
events and notes as email attachments on an IMAP server. However they
don't use Cyrus IMAP server with all the nice features like annotations
but use their own implementation instead.

Since the concept is similiar to Kolab I implemented the support on top
of the existing IMAP groupware solution, namely KMail accessed via DCOP.

Like already mentioned Scalix handles some features differently than
Kolab, so I had to add some hacks [tm] to get it working.

The following KDE-PIM components are affected:

  - kio_imap4 [smaller changes]
  - KMail [bigger changes]
  - KOrganizer [smaller changes]
  - kresources/wizards [new code and some smaller changes]

I'll send some additional mails in a minute with the patches attached
and an explaination of the changes.

For the maintainers of the affected components: Please check the patches
and tell me whether it is ok to commit them to the KDE 3.5 branch.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!