[Kde-pim] About KOrganizer's timezone setting

Bruno Virlet bruno at virlet.org
Thu Jul 26 16:00:52 BST 2007

Hello,

Following a bug report about the KOrganizer settings timezone being different
from the system one and not being updated together, Will and me talked about
a new way to use the timezones in KOrganizer (about which you probably
discussed at Osnabrueck meeting).

The idea is as follows :
- The calendar displays local times by default
- When you add an event, you add it by default with local times but you have
the ability to change to another timezone if prefered.
- You can obviously change an event timezone.
- You can possibly change the display timezone of the calendar
- Changing the display timezone doesn't change any event info, it only change
the position of the events to match the choosen timezone.

You probably had a long discussion about this and there are maybe newer/better
idea since, so I'd like to hear your suggestions.

Bruno