[Kde-pim] About KOrganizer's timezone setting

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Mon Jul 30 16:11:35 BST 2007

On Monday 30 July 2007 15:38, Bruno Virlet wrote:
>> If there is something else that you don't think caters for KDateTime,
>> please let me know.
> In kcal a simple grep -iRn give pretty much only those ones and related
> ones
> (eg. todos(QDate& date), journals(QDate &date) )

I'll change these too.

> Apart from that, I think there is also a patch (attached) concerning
> dtStartStr/dtEndStr which should be applied to allow to get these strings
> in a given timespec (eg because KOrganizer will have a 'display' timezone)

Your patch looks fine except that the API comments don't tally with the
implementation code. The "spec" parameter has the following description:

"If set, return the date in the given spec, else use the system spec"

In fact the patch code doesn't use the system spec, but instead uses
whatever spec the incidence uses (which could of course be different for
different incidences). If by system spec you mean the computer's system
time zone, you need to use KSystemTimeZones::local().

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.