[Kde-pim] CHARSET=UTF-8 in vCard files ?

Jiří Navrátil plavcik at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 10:18:07 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm using kaddressbook for storing all my contacts. I'm using one file per one
contact (in vCard dir). Files are encoded in UTF-8 and I can read them
outside kaddressbook in vim just fine.

Unfortunatelly, if I send vCard file via bluetooth (obexftp or gammu) to
mobile phone, characters are wrong there. If I add

CHARSET=UTF-8

in to relevant fields, it's fine in mobile device, but kaddressbook do not
show the characters fine.

Shall kaadressbook accept this option? Exist a way, how to solve this (have
same vCards for both kaddressbook and bluetooth devices)?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Jiri

--