[Kde-pim] Contacts... new name wanted for the framework

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Jan 25 21:01:02 GMT 2007

On Thursday 25 January 2007 21:08, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Thursday 25 January 2007 2:16:11 pm Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > It comes to me I need some webspace, a place to drop all the ideas,
> > plans, mockups, whatever. Even the released tarballs of the Contacts
> > stuff. Could the PIM project help me here?
>
> Friedrich,
>
> Yes, you can put your developer related stuff at pim.kde.org.
> We need to ask Adriaan to make sure you are given the necessary
> karma, but simply commit your pages into $SVN/www/areas/pim

Dude, you're acting like I am one with sysadmin@ :) I'm not, but I'll pass on
the request for write permissions in the PIM webspace.

Friedrich, the idea is that pim.k.o is a *developer community* site first and
foremost. Since the Contacts framework is still under heavy development, it
makes sense to put stuff there. Once there's a KDE release with Contacts
included -- so that there's a product that users might run into -- it's a
good idea to also add something about Contacts (what *is* the new name?) into
that user website.

I'm not sure dumping tarballs -- unless they're pretty tiny -- into SVN is a
good idea.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot