[Kde-pim] Contacts... new name wanted for the framework

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Jan 25 23:12:44 GMT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 25. Januar 2007 22:01, schrieb Adriaan de Groot:
> On Thursday 25 January 2007 21:08, Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Thursday 25 January 2007 2:16:11 pm Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > > It comes to me I need some webspace, a place to drop all the ideas,
> > > plans, mockups, whatever. Even the released tarballs of the Contacts
> > > stuff. Could the PIM project help me here?
> >
> > Friedrich,
> >
> > Yes, you can put your developer related stuff at pim.kde.org.
> > We need to ask Adriaan to make sure you are given the necessary
> > karma, but simply commit your pages into $SVN/www/areas/pim
>
> Dude, you're acting like I am one with sysadmin@ :) I'm not, but I'll pass
> on the request for write permissions in the PIM webspace.

Thanks.

> Friedrich, the idea is that pim.k.o is a *developer community* site first
> and foremost. Since the Contacts framework is still under heavy
> development, it makes sense to put stuff there.

Okay. Will have to find out, where and how exactly. Too sad I missed Tobias
yesterday (because me being sick currently), he might have to want a word
here. And I need a project name. :P

> Once there's a KDE release
> with Contacts included -- so that there's a product that users might run
> into -- it's a good idea to also add something about Contacts (what *is*
> the new name?)

None right now... Perhaps I should just invent one new with no semantics
attached, so I can fill in what I want. Didn't this work for Akonadi and
Ubuntu, too (well, even if these for some people on this planet have had a
semantic before, but for most(?) not).

> into that user website.

Okay.

> I'm not sure dumping tarballs -- unless they're pretty tiny -- into SVN is
> a good idea.

It surely isn't. So would I perhaps ask for a home in KTown?

Friedrich