[Kde-pim] Akonadi & QtDBus multi-threading support

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Mon Jan 29 08:10:57 GMT 2007

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 09:00:24PM +0100, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Hello pim-people
Hi Thiago,

> In the time since then, I discussed the problem with Simon and the current
> maintainer for QtDBus and we think it's possible to add this feature. I
> have finished coding it in my local repository and am in the process of
> testing it for any concurrency, deadlock or race conditions.
That are really great news! :)

> Here's where you come in: since you guys requested it, I would like to
> know if you already have code that would make use of the feature (having
> self-contained code would be better).
Well, our current code is part of akonadi, which can be compiled by
doing a make in trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi. However we use the
'send-signal-to-main-thread-do-dbus-query-from-there-and-pass-result-back-to-worker-thread'
hack you suggested during akademy there. For testing the new Qt code we'd
have to modify the akonadi code.

Can you provide a patch which we apply to our local qt-copy to evaluate?

> Now, the disclaimer: Trolltech hasn't committed itself yet to adding this
> feature. It depends on how complex the code ends up being.
Oh, that's such an important feature, you'll love it ;)

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!