[Kde-pim] Strange behaviour in libkdepim's KDatePickerPopup

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Jan 5 22:17:35 GMT 2007

On Monday 01 January 2007 17:43, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Mon Jän 1 2007 schrieb David Jarvie:
> > >
> > > Friday is the end of the work week and Sunday the end of a normal
> > > week (makes me realize it should adapt to the First Day Of Week
> > > setting in KControl). When you schedule tasks it's quite common
> > > to pick either one of these days, that's why I've added these
> > > days to the list.
> > >
> > > Maybe we should rename Friday to "End Of Work Week" and Sunday to
> > > "End Of Week". I'm not really in favour of removing these
> > > entries.

Parties are either Friday or Saturday most of the time. And Monday, aka
the begin of the (work) week, is at least as important as the end of
the (work) week.

> Well, you run into all kinds of problems with other cultures. E.g. in
> Israel the work week seems to be sunday to thursday.
>
> And in KOrganizer you might have configured different working days,
> like monday, wednesday, friday and saturday. What's the end of the
> work week in that case? Of course, we can't use the settings from
> korganizer in libkdepim's date picker, but the user expect the date
> picker in korganizer to honor the work week settings and use the
> configured end of the work week.
>
> In short, I don't see an easy way to make these hard-coded entries
> l10n-proof.

If anything then I'd add the five days following today and tomorrow.
Then all eight days ranging from today until "next week" would be
easily available. Of course, that's probably too many entries.

Regards,
Ingo