[Kde-pim] Strange behaviour in libkdepim's KDatePickerPopup

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Mon Jan 1 16:30:03 GMT 2007

On Sunday 31 December 2006 01:13, Bram Schoenmakers wrote:
> Op zaterdag 30 december 2006 14:36, schreef David Jarvie:
> > Does anybody know why it's done this way, and does anybody object to me
> > removing the Friday and Sunday entries?
>
> Friday is the end of the work week and Sunday the end of a normal week
> (makes me realize it should adapt to the First Day Of Week setting in
> KControl). When you schedule tasks it's quite common to pick either one of
> these days, that's why I've added these days to the list.
>
> Maybe we should rename Friday to "End Of Work Week" and Sunday to "End Of
> Week". I'm not really in favour of removing these entries.

I really think that it should be changed in some way or other. The person who
reported it as a bug happened to activate the date/time picker on a Friday,
so was confused as to why the list read Today, Tomorrow, Friday, Sunday - it
seemed to him that it was trying to show sequential days, but had erroneously
repeated Friday (Friday being synonymous with Today) - removing Friday would
leave a sequence of three days Friday, Saturday, Sunday. When I looked at it,
I couldn't make sense of it either, and then I looked at the code where I
discovered that Friday and Sunday were hard coded, and I couldn't make sense
of that either.

To sum up, I think that the current list is unintuitive, and there must be
lots of people who don't understand its logic. So I think that either the
Friday and Sunday entries need to be removed, or they need to be renamed.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.