[Kde-pim] Comparison of Konqueror to Windows Explorer

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Sat Jan 13 11:29:42 GMT 2007

Op zaterdag 13 januari 2007 10:07, schreef Michael S. Mikowski:
> Hello KDE Pim Team
>
> A while back there was a discussion of creating a separate
> file manager from Konqueror, among other enhancements.
> Here is an article that covers many of the features
> discussed in that thread by a user in Japan:
>
> http://www.osugisakae.com/tech/2007/01/10/switching-from-kde-to-winxp-2
>
> A few features the author really liked:
>
> * Easily viewing files accessed via multiple protocols
> along with the web.
> * The split window capability
>
> IIRC, all of these were touched upon in the recent
> discussion here.  I agree with the authors views of what
> make Konqueror special.  Both of us are long time
> Konqueror users (I have been using it daily for over 8
> years).  We both seem prefer to avoid the dichotomy of 2
> applications to browse content.  And both seem to really
> appreciate the split window capability along with tabs
> (especially on larger displays).

Sorry, but this is off-topic for this list. I don't know which list recently
discussed the points you've mentioned, but you could check that and post it
to the appropriate list.

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers
KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
(Punch, 1855)