[Kde-pim] Comparison of Konqueror to Windows Explorer

Michael S. Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 09:07:55 GMT 2007

Hello KDE Pim Team

A while back there was a discussion of creating a separate
file manager from Konqueror, among other enhancements.
Here is an article that covers many of the features
discussed in that thread by a user in Japan:

http://www.osugisakae.com/tech/2007/01/10/switching-from-kde-to-winxp-2

A few features the author really liked:

* Easily viewing files accessed via multiple protocols
along with the web.
* The split window capability

IIRC, all of these were touched upon in the recent
discussion here.  I agree with the authors views of what
make Konqueror special.  Both of us are long time
Konqueror users (I have been using it daily for over 8
years).  We both seem prefer to avoid the dichotomy of 2
applications to browse content.  And both seem to really
appreciate the split window capability along with tabs
(especially on larger displays).

Sincerely,

Mike