[Kde-pim] DIMAP sudden mail loss

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun Jan 14 20:17:18 GMT 2007

On Sunday 14 January 2007 20:06, Jan de Visser wrote:
> On Sunday 14 January 2007 7:05 am, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > This bug report has become a kind of magnet for *all* cases of mail
> > loss (real or perceived) where DIMAP is vaguely involved.
>
> Can I humbly suggest changing the synopsis from the overly broad 'dimap:
> sudden mail loss' to something more reflecting the (now believed to be
> fixed) problem? When entering tickets people are told to check for existing
> ones, and if you use dIMAP and lost mail, this one seems to fit the bill.

That's an excellent suggestion, which I've followed. The new title
is "non-connected imap: spontaneous message disintegration". But I'm sure you
saw that from the bug disposition message.

I see the KMail developers are hunkering down again -- it's now after dinner
and there is coffee on the way -- for another session of DIMAP analysis.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/