[Kde-pim] Ldap model

Sean Harmer sh at theharmers.co.uk
Thu Jan 4 22:37:55 GMT 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 22:14, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 09:27:36PM +0000, Sean Harmer wrote:
> > Hi List,
>
> Hi Sean,
>
> > I'm currently trying to implement some useful model(s) for accessing LDAP
> > directories by extending the kldap library.
>
> That sounds really good!

Thanks.

> > This is just a heads-up really so that you know something is in progress.
> > After thinking about this I think that thisis best implemented as two
> > models. The first is derived from QAbstractTableModel and represents the
> > structure of an LDAP directory. At present it searches objects for their
> > DN and objectClass attributes.
>
> What's about a tree model?

I suppose we could use a single tree model, and apply filtering as to whether
to show only child objects (like dir's), only the attributes of the current
object (like files in a dir), or both. I guess this would need the ability to
set filters like QDirModel to get this to work. I'll take a look at it.

> > The second model is derived from QAbstractTableModel and represents a
> > single LDAP object.
>
> Is it possible to make the model support lazy loading?
I'm already working on it. I just need to get my head around the behaviour of
canFetchMore() and fetchMore(). I think there is a bug fix coming in Qt 4.2.2
that will make this work as advertised. I'll keep you posted as I progress
this.

Cheers,

Sean