[Kde-pim] branches/work/kdepim-3.5.5+/kmail

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Fri Feb 16 09:45:04 GMT 2007

On Thursday, February 15, 2007 10:34:07 PM Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 15 February 2007 10:19, Volker Krause wrote:

> > > I don't like cut & paste for folders and messages. It's way too
> > > easy to shoot oneself in the foot with this. IMO drag&drop and the
> > > message move/copy dialog for keyboard users are enough. cut & paste
> > > really isn't suitable for everything.
> >
> > Cut doesn't work here as you know it from a text editor but like it's
> > done in konqueror: The cutted mails/folders are not removed unless
> > pasted somewhere else. So, don't worry, there is no risk of
> > accidently losing cutted mails or folders this way ;-)
>
> Thanks.
>
> More questions:
> - Are cut messages/folders removed (or hidden) from the listviews?

No, also at least marking them as it's done konqueror might be a good idea.

> - Does Undo/Ctrl+Z revert the cut?

No, I don't think undo works for anything in this patch.

> > However, I've no idea if copy/paste is the best option here
> > usability-wise, it was implemented because it was a customer request
> > for the enterprise branch.
>
> I think it's complete overkill. But that's just me.

IMHO it will become really useful once it's possible to copy messages to the
real clipboard and thus to diffrent applications. That will be easy with
Akonadi...
But if you really don't want to have it in the "normal" KMail, it's quite easy
to remove without affecting the other ways of copying/moving
messages/folders.

regards
Volker