[Kde-pim] HTML composition in KMail

Rob Hasselbaum rob at hasselbaum.net
Wed Feb 21 22:41:27 GMT 2007

Hi all,

A number of people have entered bugs/RFEs related to improving KMail's
support for composing HTML e-mails (e.g. 46411, 86423, 89293, 99748, and
128986). Is anyone actively working on this? My understanding from bug
4202 is that the original implementation was an enhancement on the
existing editor code, but there was also some talk about integrating
with KRichTextEditor or another HTML editor via KParts. Has anyone
scoped out the latter approach, and does it seem like a reasonable way
to close the feature gap quickly?

Thanks,
-Rob

PS: Please, don't flame me on the evils of HTML e-mail and its role in
the demise of humanity. I'm just looking for information about the
current implementation and what future work (if any) has been planned.
Thanks again!