[Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4 Applications List

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Feb 24 00:29:42 GMT 2007

Am Samstag, 24. Februar 2007 01:10, schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> > Btw, dies Khalkhi add anything to the addressee data that would be
> > interesting for command line access?
>
> So far it does only vapouring. :P
>
> Well, my idea with Khalkhi is to make all property types (email
> address(es), homepage url(s), blog feed url(s), etc.) pluginbased, that is,
> for a given type there will be adapters/codecs transforming the data from
> and to a suited data format, so it can be extended unlimited with whatever
> types people invent or need (shell account, video blog feed url, gaming
> server account, subversion account, ...).

Ah, there are more plans, exiting and ambitious (so I always forget about
them):
I want to add groups. Of persons and groups. Groups can have attributes, too.
Links between persons (brother, husband, secretary, ...). Shared data (living
in the same flat, so postal address and phone number are the same).
Preformatted data (for persons in a company, same base address and phone
prefix, can be globally changed instead for all individually). Different
identities for a person (work, KDE, private, Microsoft, ...). And more.

The data model should be able to describe in more detail the world as we see
it. Adding more semantics. Nepomuk will be happy ;)
One should be able to describe e.g. the KDE project with it. Subprojects,
Developers. So the KDEPIM project would be a subgroup with a name, homepage,
mailinglists, and developers. Each developer would be linked in by his KDE
identity. So e.g. the private data I have about say Tokoe doesn't get into a
request about the phone numbers of all KDEPIM developers, unless it is
explicitly requested.

... am to tired right now. But yes, I dream of quite some changes to what KABC
is currently about... no idea, if this will become reality.

Friedrich