[Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4 Applications List

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Feb 24 00:10:11 GMT 2007

Hi Kevin,

Am Freitag, 23. Februar 2007 21:38, schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Wednesday 21 February 2007 22:30, Allen Winter wrote:
> >  + kabclient (Kevin Krammer)
>
> Yes, though I am not sure the name is still good or if it would be better
> to get rid of the "kabc" part and refer more to the "address" or "contacts"
> terminology.

I would rather propose the terms Persons or People, there is more data to a
person than just contact data :)

> Or konsolecontacts to better match konsolekalendar?

konsolepeople?

> Btw, dies Khalkhi add anything to the addressee data that would be
> interesting for command line access?

So far it does only vapouring. :P

Well, my idea with Khalkhi is to make all property types (email address(es),
homepage url(s), blog feed url(s), etc.) pluginbased, that is, for a given
type there will be adapters/codecs transforming the data from and to a suited
data format, so it can be extended unlimited with whatever types people
invent or need (shell account, video blog feed url, gaming server account,
subversion account, ...).
But currently I have no idea how this would work with (Akonadi and) all the
different ressources, as there are already adapters/codecs from the resources
to the current internal vcard based person model.

That is something I hope to be able to look into the next weeks, now that
Khalkhi for KDE 3 is almost done featurewise.

For KDE 3 Khalkhi is basically only the services thing. The adapters used
there only have to work on the KABC person model, so no problem.

So the answer:
konsolepeople :) would perhaps like to access all other property types and
their attributes.

My question now:
What are the usages konsolepeople/kabclient is intended for at all? IO to
people data in Akonadi?

Friedrich