[Kde-pim] Want to create patch for Recipient Picker in trunk

Mathias Soeken msoeken at tzi.de
Wed Feb 21 18:58:35 GMT 2007

Hi Christian,

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 19:23:34 Christian Schaarschmidt wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2007 17:53 schrieb Mathias Soeken:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to create a patch for the Recipient Picker in trunk. My goals:
> >
> > 1) Replace K3ListView with QTreeView using the new Qt4 model/view
> > technology. 2) Implement Bug 118707: Allow more fields in address picker
> >
> > Is anybody else working on this or are there other plans? Are there any
>
> I have thought of doing that myself, but have not started :-)
I have started to write some code just for testing the view/model
architecture. Probably I will attach my test code the following days, so you
can have a look.

> I have postponed it until I get some time to learn more about Akonadi
Yes, as Tobias mentioned there is a contact model, I could start by
implementing a ContactTreeModel for example, which contains all the contacts
related code. But the contacts model should not change the behaviour of the
tree widget.

> > hints, wishes or anything I have to consider when implementing the patch?
>
> there is a patch in pim+ waiting to be ported
> Bug 131796: show only default address in 'Select recipient' dialog:
> r620313, I would suggest to wait until it is ported to branch/3.5 and trunk
This code must also be ported regarding K3ListView and QTreeView. It could be
changed in the ContactTreeModel for example.

> I would like to see the "add to", "add cc", "add bcc"  buttons replaced
> by "cancle" , "apply" and columns with checkboxes (or maybe radio buttons)
> to decide on to/cc/bcc
I will try this in my test code.

> Bug 118707 , IMHO, should be implemented by extending the tooltip not by
> adding columns. If you prefer the columns, I think we need a way to
> configure which column is shown and which not.
My idea is to use a popup menu like it is used in the folder tree of kmail.

Best regards,
Mathias