[Kde-pim] Want to create patch for Recipient Picker in trunk

Christian Schaarschmidt schaarsc at gmx.de
Wed Feb 21 18:23:34 GMT 2007

Hi Matthias,

Am Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2007 17:53 schrieb Mathias Soeken:
> Hi,
>
> I want to create a patch for the Recipient Picker in trunk. My goals:
>
> 1) Replace K3ListView with QTreeView using the new Qt4 model/view
> technology. 2) Implement Bug 118707: Allow more fields in address picker
>
> Is anybody else working on this or are there other plans? Are there any

I have thought of doing that myself, but have not started :-) I have postponed
it until I get some time to learn more about Akonadi

> hints, wishes or anything I have to consider when implementing the patch?

there is a patch in pim+ waiting to be ported
Bug 131796: show only default address in 'Select recipient' dialog: r620313,
I would suggest to wait until it is ported to branch/3.5 and trunk

I would like to see the "add to", "add cc", "add bcc"  buttons replaced
by "cancle" , "apply" and columns with checkboxes (or maybe radio buttons) to
decide on to/cc/bcc

Bug 118707 , IMHO, should be implemented by extending the tooltip not by
adding columns. If you prefer the columns, I think we need a way to configure
which column is shown and which not.