[Kde-pim] Sending invitations to Outlook users

Jan-Pascal van Best janpascal at vanbest.org
Thu Feb 15 14:06:37 GMT 2007

Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Hi Jan-Pascal,
>
> attendee status in Outlook is fine with your modification. I attach a patch
> for the file as you also have to include a new header. Question is now how to
> get this stuff into official source?

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for making the patch. Maybe you could add the one-liner in
kmkernel.cpp for sending invitations to the patch, and then we could
check whether invitation sending, accepting, refusing, and changing is
compatible with all 'supported' environments for which we can find
someone to test. If it turns out that, e.g., Outlook 98-2003 using
POP/IMAP should use the behaviour from the current 'legacy' options, we
need to make a legacy group.

It seems to me we should try to maintain interoperability with the
following:
- Kontact native
- Kontact + kolab
- Kolab native (does that exist?)
- Outlook 98, 2000, XP, 2003 native (using POP3 or IMAP)
- Exchange 5.5, 2000, 2003 with Outlook Web Access (which is the web
interface running on the Exchange server)
- The full 4x3 matrix of Outlook 98,2000,XP,2003 connected to Exchange
5.5, 2000, 2003 (using MAPI).
- Gnome Evolution

and maybe

- OpenGroupware
- eGroupware
- phpGroupware
- more?

I've filled in the cases that have I've tried or that have been
confirmed on this list so far in the matrix at the end of this e-mail.
If we can manage to fill in the matrix as much as possible, we can
determine which compatibility/legacy groups should be made.

So, if anyone recognises themselves in one of the client(/server)
configurations below, please let me or Thorsten know so we can send you
test invitations!

By the way, I like Thorstens idea of per-recipient legacy settings. I
have no idea how difficult to implement this would be though. I'm afraid
that the address book entry of the recipient, or recipients (!), which
would contain the per-recipient settings, is not available in
Callback::mailICal, nor in KMKernel::openComposer. Which would mean that
the legacy setting should be somehow transported down the call chain to
these two methods...

Cheers,

Jan-Pascal

	Receive invitation
	Receive confimation
	Receive refusal
	Receive change
Kontact native
	OK (Jan-Pascal)
	OK (Jan-Pascal)
	OK (Jan-Pascal)
	OK (Jan-Pascal)
Kontact/Kolab
	OK (Thorsten)

Kolab native

Evolution

Outlook 98 POP/IMAP

Outlook 2000 POP/IMAP

Outlook XP POP/IMAP

Outlook 2003 POP/IMAP

Exchange 5.5 Web Access

Exchange 2000 Web Access

Exchange 2003 Web Access 	OK (Jan-Pascal)
	OK (Jan-Pascal)

Outlook 98 / Exchange 5.5

Outlook 98 / Exchange 2000

Outlook 98 / Exchange 2003