[Kde-pim] [DATA LOSS] Concurrent accesses with korganizer

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Wed Feb 28 10:07:09 GMT 2007

Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher at kde.org> writes:

> Yes, you are right. We should prevent data loss as far as possible. It's not
> that easy, though. You are basically accessing internal files when you are
> accessing the ics through ssh. It's hard to capture all this cases and it's
> also the question to what degree this makes sense as a common user normally
> wouldn't do this anyway.

Hmm, a normal user might not access ~/.kde/..., but he _will_ want to
have the same setup from multiple machines (see what happens for
email : how many people are using a webmail just because it's easy to
access their mail from work and from home), and they'll read the tip
given by korganizer and access a remote file, whatever it is
(ironically, this morning, korganizer told me that I could use
ftp://user@host/path/to/calendar.ics as long as I did not have two
korganizer instances simultaneously before showing me the empty
calendar).

I'll have a look at the IMAP thing. I already have my email on IMAP,
having the calendar on the same server would be cool.

--
Matthieu