[Kde-pim] UPDATE: Venting

Thomas McGuire Thomas.McGuire at gmx.net
Wed Feb 14 23:24:40 GMT 2007

Hi

Am Wednesday 14 February 2007 schrieb Tom Albers:
> Op di 13 feb 2007 01:16 schreef u:
> > Would anyone be interested in having a KDEPIM Bug Fixing Weekend?
> > Nothing formal.  We don't need a dot story.  Just get together in
> > #kontact some weekend soon and fix bugs?  Just an idea.
>
> Yep, I'm interested in that. Actually I would make a dot-article about it.
> I wrote it already on IRC, that I think it might be a good idea, to
> organise a weekend where we can get more people interested in kde-pim work.
I think another possibility to get new developers is to react to patches at
b.k.o and then encourage the authors to do more. However, those reports with
patches seem to be mostly overlooked/ignored by the maintainers.

For example, the following query returns all open bugs for KMail which have a
patch. Some of them are not even commented upon.
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&product=kmail&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=greaterthan&value0-0-0=0&order=bugs.bug_id

>  Those two can be combined.  At the bottom (hmm, middle), just some quickly
> written text we can use for announcing it.

> Let me know, even when it is a rubbish text and equal idea ;-)
You could add bug checking to your list below, e.g. checking new bugs for
duplicates or cleaning up old bugs which are also duplicate or no longer
valid or whatever.

--
Thomas