[Kde-pim] How to dailin and check for mails frequently

Michael Bushveld at gmx.de
Tue Dec 18 22:01:47 GMT 2007

Hello,

I like to check automatically for my mails. There for I need to dialin
via ISDN (manually I use KInternet) and the check my mail account. Well
manually this is no problem but how can I do this in KMail?

There is an option to check frequently for mails but this requiers that
an connection to the ISP is established. How can I do this automated?

So the question is how can I a) check hourly for my mails and dialin
before the checks and disconnect after this?

I'd tend to do this scripted (though I do not know how right now) I
recall there is/was a commandline tool called cinternet which does the
same as kinternet but on a commandline. And well may be the retrieval
of mails can be done via dcop?

The system I have to use provides: KMail 1.7.1 on KDE 3.3.0 and NO I can
not update.

Thanks a lot for any hint
Michael