[Kde-pim] Akonadi related questions

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Dec 5 14:49:36 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 05 December 2007, Allen Winter wrote:

> The release people haven't given much thought as to disabling individual
> apps within a subproject.  But we should figure something out.
>
> Even still, I sorta like the idea of renaming to akonadiclient (or
> konsoleakonadi :))

Hehe.

The two issues are kind of orthogonal. The renaming is mainly intended to
avoid confusion about the program's purpose, the disabling, well, almost a
requirment given its current state (prefixing output with OUT/ERR, not
understanding standard options like --help, not displaying usage info on
error, etc.

> > I am volunteering to do this.
> > Do we want the debug areas somewhere in the current KDE PIM range (5xxx)?
> > When yes, where?
> >
> > We could probably "move" kitchensync from 5200 to 55xx (KPilot is 551x)
> > and then use the 52xx range for Akonadi.
>
> Please use 5250-5299 for Akonadi.  No need to mess with kitchensync.
> dfaure wants to eventually eliminate the kdebug.areas anyhow.

Understood.
I will try to come up with a suitable group of areas either later today or
probably tomorrow and once the respective developers agree, I am going to
change the debug statements.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring