[Kde-pim] [RFC] ContactGroup storage format

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Tue Dec 4 16:02:02 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 01:23:16PM +0100, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Hi Tobias,
Hej Kevin,

> > Any comments, suggestions, objections?
>
> As far as I understand it is bascially a formalized description of the current
> distribution list items, right?
Yes, but it also describes how the distribution lists can be stored as
xml document.

> I am unsure though if generalizing the name to ContactGroup but still keeping
> the e-mail aspect as the distribution criteria won't be confusing or make
> future extensions awkward.
So what's the difference between a group of contacts and a distribution
list? ;)

That data structure is mainly used for grouping contacts, sending mails
to multiple persons and using the lists as base for form letters in
kword. As you are free to fill the list with references to contacts only, where the
contacts have all fields set, it can be used for everything.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!