[Kde-pim] [patch] Akonadi kdebug areas

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Fri Dec 7 03:33:17 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 05 December 2007 19:39:26 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> as discussed in another thread, this is a potential set of Akonadi related
> debug areas.
>
> 525x libakonadi
> should I split (jobs) into (item jobs) and (collection jobs)?

I don't think we need to split the debug areas for libakonadi at all, ie. just
have a single area for everything in there. We don't have that many output
and if you are debugging libakonadi you probably want to see all of it.

> 526x infrastructure
> do any of the agent/resources/plugins need their own?

I would split those, ie. give every single resource and agent its own area.
The resources output will probably mostly come from the code talking to the
corresponding backend, which you only want to see for the resource you are
working on.

> 527x clients
> not sure which of the current clients are just test beds and which are
> intented to be shipped, so just akonadiconsole for now.

Yep, those are mostly demos or debugging tools.

> Put the IO slave into the IO slave range.
>
> Anything else?
>
> I will accumulate any suggested changes and post the final patch for review
> again before committing.

regards
Volker