[Kde-pim] Where is ldapkio addressbook?

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Tue Aug 21 09:15:10 BST 2007

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 02:59:01PM +0700, Rashid N. Achilov wrote:
Hi,

> I had have setup to take
> addresses from M$ Exchange server, and it works fine with ldapkio
> addressbook, when I type one-two letters at To: line, KMail shows selected
> variants from recent addresses, local addressbook AND ldapkio addressbook.
> Now I see addresses from ldapkio at "Contacts", I can select it
> through "Select" but I cannot select it in autocompletion list! Why KMail
> does not use ldapkio addressbook for autocompletion now?
KMail can use LDAP in two ways. Either when you have setup an LDAP
address book (resource) in KAddressBook, or when you have configured the
LDAP search functionality ('Lookup contact in directory').

I would recommend the later, as it searches only for a special pattern
which is quite faster than loading _all_ contacts as it is done with the
LDAP resource.

So open KAddressBook, choose Settings -> Configure KAddressBook -> LDAP
and enter all LDAP configuration parameters.

To test whether kioldap is installed at all, type 'ldap:/' in konqueror
and look for an error message like 'protocol not supported'.

In this case you have to install the kio slave explicitely.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!