[Kde-pim] KMail and "encrypt to self" issue

Alexis Papadopoulos iacp at free.fr
Thu Aug 23 10:51:50 BST 2007

On Thursday 23 August 2007, Markus Feilner wrote:
> the only difference I can see in the two mails are the headers on
> In the mail where a password dialog pops up:
> ################
>
> In the other mail:
> ###############
>
> This seems to be close to Alexis' Patch, isn't it?
Quite close, although having a running gpg-agent should have fixed the
issue :S.

You could try maybe this. Save the both messages you referred to above
(resulting in to two .mbox files). Then copy the GPG block (starting at ----
BEGIN PGP MESSAGE ----, until ---- END PGP MESSAGE ----) from the non-working
one and replace the block within the mail with the text/plain Content-Type.
Try to open the resulting mbox file with kmail, you should get a dialog.

Ideally, you could compile kmail and apply the patch I sent :). Do a backup of
your mails directory though (or use a temporary user account), just in case,
although there shouldn't be any issue given the modifications I've made...

acp